What you can
Nowadays, the role of modern medical and biochemical solutions aimed at maintaining a healthy appearance is more and more important. In order to meet the requirements resulting from this phenomenon, there was a need to educate qualified specialists in dietetics at the university level.
Bachelor’s studies in the field of Dietetics (6 semesters in full-time and part-time form) are the University’s response to the market demand for the constantly increasing interest of potential students in Dietetics.
Paying special attention to the possibilities of our graduates in the labor market, we have created a comprehensive curriculum, placing a very strong emphasis on a large number of practical classes and on the lecturers who are practitioners and provide students with knowledge that they personally use at work, then sharing any experience.
We provide knowledge in the field of healthy and sick human nutrition and nutrition organisation in individual and collective terms. We teach the rules for the preparation of dietary dishes, the differentiation of diets and their proper selection and prophylaxis of nutritional diseases, including m.in:
– The planning of rational nutrition for healthy people and for different patient groups,
– Planning, determining the rules for the selection of food products and verifying individual menus and different population groups,
– The planning and preparation of the diets and the food they comprise,
– The use of knowledge in the field of psychology and pedagogy in communicating with patients,
– Prophylaxis and treatment of dietetic nutritional diseases,
– Assessing and controlling the quality of food products and their storage conditions,
– Assessing the effects of the disease on nutritional status and the effect of nutrition on the results of disease treatment,
– Assessing and analysing the relationship between psychology and nutrition, the impact of psychological factors in shaping nutrition-related behaviours,
– Determining the role of nutrients in the human body, the impact of non-nutrient components and harmful effects on the body, the application of energy and nutrient requirements.
By introducing organizational and management items, law and economics into the program, we prepare future graduates to open their own business in the area of dietary services (offices, catering establishments).
Most of the problems associated with human nutrition and the consequent diethenic diseases (m.in. Obesity, anorexia, bulimic, diabetes, atherosmia, ischemic heart disease) are a non-genetic dependency effect, but also The strong relationship between psychology, sociology and Dietetics. Knowledge gained during studies on the specialization of Psychodietetyka allows to educate specialists who in a professional way are able to determine the causes and mechanisms of emerging patients with diseases associated with bad eating habits, Develop appropriate programmes to assist the patient in their change and reduce unnecessary kilograms through appropriate motivation and support.
The labour market for professionals in the field of psychodietetics creates great opportunities to find interesting jobs. Psychodietetics are specialists sought by specialised offices and clinics, fitness clubs and GYMTS, leisure centres and SPAS, doctor’s offices in schools, which are increasingly faced with problems of overweight among children and adolescents, Institutions engaged in educational activities promoting healthy lifestyles and nutrition, therapeutic centres for obese people. It is also a huge opportunity To open your own business.
What we teach in Psychodietetyce:
- The skillful conduct of an interview with the patient, which allows to accurately identify the causes of non-psychosomatic eating disorders and diseases associated with inappropriate nutrition. The graduate will be prepared to assess the nutritional status, diet and diagnosis of malnutrition, prevention of dietary-dependent diseases.
- We provide knowledge of the psychological factors that can occur in eating disorders (e.g. lack of motivation, impact of relationships with close and immediate surroundings, disturbance of self-perception, emotional sphere). We teach techniques of impact on the emotional and psychological sphere of the patient – motivating, setting goals, self-discipline, acceptance and communication techniques with the patient. A graduate of Psychedeliethetics will possess practical skills related to the possibilities of using psychological methods in the work of a nutritionist.
- We teach the preparation of dietetic treatment programs and educational programs – nutritional prophylaxis for different age and social groups.
- We provide the latest knowledge in the field of nutrition and psychological influences to change the behavior of nutrition and dietary habits.
Personal Nutritionist Dietary speciality covering not only basic issues, but allowing the student to broaden their skills in the field of motivation and work with the client. The Student learns to plan diet and individual work with the customer using the modern DietaPro program. The Program is rich in subjects related to psychology and social aspects. A personal nutritionist is a specialist who will be able to work with a physically active customer and for whom business life is a priority of the day. It is a specialist who can not only cooperate with the personal trainer in fitness clubs, but also find themselves in working with a client with an irregular lifestyle. The aim of the training is to prepare the professional’s specialist from a shopping analysis, by arranging a suitable diet, analysing the interactions of medicines from food and helping with issues related to the economics and psychology of our Diet.
Graduates of dietetics are specialists in the field of dietetics, possessing knowledge and skills in the field of food and nutrition technologies of healthy and sick people and prophylaxis of nutritional diseases. They can help those suffering from the effects of improper eating, as well as those whose diets for various health reasons require strict control and constant optimisation. Graduates have the ability to prepare dishes that are part of individual diets, to recognise, prevent and treat obesity and malnutrition.
The knowledge and practice gained during the study allows them to find employment in:
- Public and non-public health care establishments,
- Catering establishments – restaurants, canteens, Kindergardens, school canteens,
- Dietetic Cabinets and specialist counselling for healthy food,
- Catering establishments with specialised profiles, e.g. Ecological, regional,
Sanitary-epidemiological stations, establishments supplying food to hospitals and other collective caterers (catering),
- Consumer organisations,
- Sports facilities, fitness clubs and Gymries,
- Beauty Salons, SPA,
- Tourist establishments,
- In education after completing the pedagogical course,
- Research and development Institutes,
- and dissemination of human nutrition knowledge.
Kierunek: DIETETYKA – studia I stopnia
Specjalność- dietetyka personalna
Kierunek: DIETETYKA – studia I stopnia
Kierunek: DIETETYKA – studia I stopnia
Specjalność- sztuka kulinarna
opinions of our
One thing is certain, the time spent in this university was not sometimes lost-classes at a very high level, probably well prepared me for the profession, because I immediately got a job. For this very good atmosphere and well-equipped halls-a pity that this time so quickly expired!
I recommend, I studied dietitics were not forgotten times.
The university is very friendly to students.
I moved to this university from another and I see a huge difference between my old school and this one. Here is definitely better attitude to the student, he respects his time and money.
At this school you can rely. There is no problem with reconcing learning with work, because lecturers are very flexible and understanding in the absence of classes.